Hi my lovelies. I got home very late and I’m so, so, so tired but just wanted to drop in to say today was a stupendous day! I started typing and lost most of what I wrote into the ethosphere. Don’t know if I will remember it all but anyways, here goes.
This morning, my friend and I went to GMA before heading off to work (literally a block and a half away). Seeing Adam sing live before that first cup of coffee was just the way to start the day off right. I keep forgetting just how arresting he is in person: gorgeous Jacket; voice was great; hair was muwah!! I won’t remember everything but here are some memorable happenings:
- There were a lot of men present (4:6 ratio, I believe)
- A producer came outside to the windows and requested some young people to come inside with her
- Two young women with a “Japan Loves Adam” sign close to where we were standing were among those taken inside the studio
- The performances were great, people were impressed with his voice and enjoyed the energy, although not everyone knew the songs (the fans knew them, of course)
- After the show was over, the two Japanese young women came out looking dazed. I asked one of them if she was okay because she looked very wobbly. I did not know if she understood English but both of us managed the universal language of “Are you okay, Luv?” “OMG, I think so but I don’t know what the shit just happened to me, OMG did you see that?” “Yes, dear he is amazing. Now be careful going down the street.” And with that they both staggered off while I looked at them with an empathetic (and probably pathetic) smile on my face. United in fandom.
After Adam came out and got in his vehicle, we went off to work. It took me a while before I could concentrate.
Fast forward to day’s end and off we went on a 15-minute subway ride to downtown Manhattan at the MLB cave thingy… where we were on line for a memorable hour:
- We saw and heard Adam and band warming up
- There were lots of young people on line
- A young girl on the line kept us entertained and smiling every time she screamed with glee: “OMG OMG he looked at me, he held eye contact and LOOKED AT MEEEEE!!”
- She then proceeded to tell us she wanted to lick him, which had me squirming a bit ‘cause she could not be more than 15 yrs old. Although, it was probably my pervi-ness – she might have meant that innocently. :-[
- We met a young man who was passing by and joined the line. Said he was coming from an interview, looked into the bldg and thought he saw someone who looked like Adam Lambert, and wait, it IS Adam. Said he could not let this opportunity pass him by. The young man then called his mom while on the line to tell her about the interview and hopes of a call back interview and oh yeah, Adam Lambert is performing at MLB and I’m staying, see you later, love you.
We were then let into the bldg and Adam was late for the 6:30 performance (!!) surprise. I had a Pavlovian moment of straining to hear the opening strains of the FYE remix, signalling a clue as to when he would eventually come out to sing. ;D ;D
Adam then came out and rocked out world! Loved, loved the songs, a few of which I heard for the first time as I had stayed away from snippets, streamings and videos. However, I had read enough of some of the lyrics here so many times, they were familiar to me. But I'm glad for the virgin listenings and can't wait for the unveiling tomorrow w/a glass of something and my stereo.
I tried to wait with my friend (and other fans) for Adam to come outside but I had to leave or else I would have missed the last bus home to the burbs.
All in all a great day, indeed!!
Sorry for rambling and bad grammar but I am tired and I lost the first edition.
*Off to get a cup of tea and skim the thread (too late to read it all).
Thanks for sharing emoelvisspikeyme.
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
You do not have to shout but if you want to chat....
crazylady: login" again and then I will get the "redirecting" message at the top. Weird, huh
May 14, 2013 12:58:36 GMT -5
butterfly: I also have to login twice, such as crazylady.
May 14, 2013 13:43:48 GMT -5
crazylady: Sorry you are having the same login problem, butterfly, but at least I am in good company! At least we can log in! I'd panic if I couldn't! LOL
May 14, 2013 16:50:29 GMT -5
maitospf: crazyladym...happening to me too!
May 15, 2013 19:42:49 GMT -5
ayleim: Just checking - so there were NO Adam-sightings in the performance show right? Then I don't have to worry about being near the TV later tonight, I can just listen from the kitchen. :D
May 15, 2013 22:25:54 GMT -5
Q3: The second log-in is part of the security system to protect the site from hackers. If you want to avoid it, select the option to keep me logged in.
May 16, 2013 11:18:07 GMT -5
vivlite: Good to know about the log-in option..I kept wondering if I was imagining things when I had to log on twice..whew..
May 16, 2013 13:59:55 GMT -5
vivlite: Gotta stop down here more often..
May 16, 2013 14:01:03 GMT -5
crazylady: Q3, thanks for the update on the login process! Really appreciate it!
May 16, 2013 18:20:10 GMT -5
maitospf: Yes thank you Q3. Thought I was jinked there for a minute
May 16, 2013 21:11:10 GMT -5
maitospf: Woops - sorry! jinxed (the ghosts of my english teachers would haunt me for not proofreading, so there you you go) ... 8-|
May 16, 2013 21:13:49 GMT -5
minnie12: this is great, Sauli deserves the support. There's no negativity here and that's nice.
May 17, 2013 23:57:11 GMT -5
May 18, 2013 0:48:25 GMT -5
minnie12: Nice to see all the pics of Sauli and his friends. Has a lot of female friends. Goes out a lot with Ade?
May 18, 2013 23:48:39 GMT -5
blueberry: A tech question. When I post, I'm stuck in BB Code, can't get back to Preview. Any ideas? I have Preview as default in my profile, but that doesn't help.
May 18, 2013 23:56:59 GMT -5
Q3: blueberry. there should be a two labels on tabs at the bottom of the REPLY box -- one labeled Preview and one labeled BBCode. Can you see these or are they gone?
May 19, 2013 2:08:40 GMT -5
blueberry: Q3, I can still see the labels, but when I click on the Preview label, nothing happens. And every time I start a new post, it automatically takes me to BB Code. Otherwise it doesn't matter, but posting pictures would be easier in Preview (copy+paste).
May 19, 2013 2:14:12 GMT -5
JazzRocks: Q3 - I forgot where I click to make a contribution to Atop.
May 19, 2013 10:30:45 GMT -5
Q3: Oh in the site conversion the link to support ATop went away. I will restore it.
May 20, 2013 9:30:25 GMT -5
JazzRocks: Thanks Q3.
May 20, 2013 16:09:32 GMT -5